Sometime there is requirement to retrive the DLL from the GAC but when we look at the assembly folder it looks like as shown below:
To view the available dll follow the steps
1. uninstall the dll using the following command in the run dialog box
regsvr32 -u C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\shfusion.dll
2. Now type assembly in the Run dialog box.
3. Type C:\windows\assembly\GAC in address bar.
4. You can now able to view the folders for each assembly.
5. To revert back to orginal state type following command in the run dialog box
Thanks R Manimaran for the good post .